Sunday, July 1, 2012

PEACE BE STILL

watching a plastic bag
 slowly succumb to gravity
 in the dark
Clenching a pair of red scissors
listening to my beat heart
I feel a knot in the left side
of my uterus ,
 I think I gotta fart.
Fear has got me ready
to play the part.
Sitting on the edge of my bed
I start to rehearse my lines in case
action sparks. living in the D
 alone with my babies and just me
is bitter sweet.
 This heat got Sick fans of crime ready
to win by sneaking coolly through the streets
while most are Fast asleep.
I keep watching the door listening for floor creaks
Bag   is   on   the ground.
the only sounds now are my son snoring
and my daughter suckling in her sleep.
four fifteen.AM.
the Sun will be coming in from the East. Soon
I will lay down. against my closed door.
holding on to fear and these sciss ors
cause I had some chicken today first time I had meat
in 2 and a half weeks. and 10 cookies.
made my thoughts weak. in contradiction
though I shouldn't trip on me cause I do live
in a city where ignorance seems 2 never cease .

No comments:

Post a Comment